Tuesday, December 06, 2011

A Walk Around Town

Today, Tuesday, is a Muslim holiday, and the schools are closed. Oliver and I walked through the streets of Yemmiganur. The people in the town are all happy to shake hands. The children especially are excited to hear me say, "Hello, my name is Martin. What is your name?" They have all learned how to respond to that in English. Oliver keeps telliing me that my white face is only the second one to come to this town.
Here are some pictures of our walk.

2 comments:

  1. And what a white face it is!

    So good to be able to see you as you experience your adventure, Martin.

    I'll be sharing your photos with students. They give a real flavor for where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Martin, I am Kathy;'s friend and former next door neighbor from Sherwood Forest. I hope this trip will be wonderful fopr you and I look forward to reading your posts. I signed up to follow by e-mail. Pinky

    ReplyDelete